Sunday, April 18, 2010

The city of Philadelphia stole my car!

These past few days have been crazy for me. Friday night I walked out of my house with my friends to go out to find that my car was gone. I had no clue what to think, other than it was stolen. From right in front of my house, my car had just vanished. There were no indications that it was stolen because there was no glass and my alarm never sounded.

I called 911 and reported my car stolen. It took an amazing 3 hours for a cop to come out and take my report. After the cop left my home my partner and I went back to bed. After about thirty minutes, my phone rang; it was the police officer who had taken my report. He told me that the city had my car; that my car was reported abadoned and towed by the city. I was shocked and couldn't believe that he was serious. The idea that my car, a nice 2006 Mercury with current insurance, tags and registration, was abadoned  infuriated me.
Now does this look abadoned to you???
Now if you are a cop and you are driving down the street and you look at this car does abandoned run across your mind? To make matters worse, the cop informed me that the car was towed by the city yet no cop authorized the tow. I called my insurance company and reported my car stolen because the city stole my car. And now they are holding it until I give them money, that is illegal and wrong on so many levels. If I did this to someone else I would be sitting in jail.

Where was my notice of abdonment? Where was the police report claiming that my car was abandoned? Where are all the tickets and notices they put on a abonded car before they tow it? Further more, my car was parked on a side street in a residental neighborhood where everyone parks. Now, there is a white vehicle on my block that is abandoned and been there for almost a year. Sounds fishy right?

Well my neighbors directly across the street have been giving me major issues every since I moved in. They called the city on me twice for having my car parked in front of my house on the sidewalk during the major snow storms Philly went through a few months ago. So something tells me they definitely had something to do with it.Espeically after I let the husband know that he needs to mind his business and stay off my property.  After talking with another close neighbor, I find out that they are also linked in with the PA correctional office. I also find out that they have been problems all the years they have lived there. This all gets good for me because it sounds like she used her job to have my car illegaly stolen by the city. Sista, you won't have a job when I'm done! In order for a tow truck to come out and just take my car without a police order, someone had to call and report the car abandoned and know someone on the inside to get it towed and bypass PA Vehicle Code process. All I can say is all the people involved in this have it coming!

Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Fortune Ibare-Jones said...

That's crazy ! I hope you get it back hun ..

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

YASS! GET THEM!

charlie said...

Hey ! wow crazy story, i feel like my story is almost identical, except my car didnt have reg, and not sure if the prick across the street has connections but my car was absolutely towed illegally, no warning at all, it even had my number right on the side on the for sale sign. Please help, what did you do to file a complaint, i dont know who to call or find out. how to fight this. if you have any links please tell me. thanks charlie.
im in south philly.
sonikzolution23@gmail.com

Dante Cole said...

@Charlie-Yes! You just have to file a report with the city and the police department. You have to stay on top of it though because most people will NOT want to help you pursue this. I went through pure hell.