Sunday, December 20, 2009

My life...on the gaylist


Jus trynna keep my cool...after a long hard day of work I check my phone and I have this email from my uncle/church pastor Boe Mason. These past few weeks have been really crazy dealing with this man. Having not seen him in almost ten years, I was shocked and amazed at how this holy man of God came off to be so vicious and nasty toward me.

I saw uncle Boe over thanksgiving at a family gathering and dinner. There were other family members there too, mostly from my mothers side of the family. Since I could remember this family was heavily rooted in church and very extreme in their religious tradition and beliefs. I grew up Christian, obviously, not like I could have branched off as a Muslim or anything. Like Christian beliefs, family values are also passed down through generations. As children you can never question anything, all the answers are in the book. I believed that for a long time, even when I knew I was gay. That is why it is hard for me to believe men when they say they were once gay but are now delivered. I feel they are being torn away from their true selves to be a representation of someone or something else.This was not something I snapped into one day at the age of 16, that crazy but the belief of the majority.  DL is proof that people are not gay by choice. Sadly, I starting breaking down and hating myself. The total opposite of what I was being taught to believe in. This is where the confusion came in and I started questioning. I was being brainwashed into believing that who I was was a choice, a disgrace and an abomination. For a while I did what most gay men do, I faked it. Lived A fake life of lies and deception to make people believe I was worthy enough for their love and approval? I was apart of something that hated me and who I was, so why stay? So I left.

Some didn't like that, but I didn't care. I was no longer a puppet for lies, hate and deception.

I starting doing religious history and astrology research in my quest for wisdom and understanding, the Bible says we must have that.It concluded that all religions come together and go back to ancient Egypt sun worship and astrology. The bible is full of Pagan laws (613) or commandments that nooooone follows according to how it should be in the Bible. Laws that encourage and instruct on slavery, rape, and murder. It would be a different world, time and place if the Government and Church actually held us to the Biblical standards 100%. yes I absolutely believe in God. There is so much that cannot be explained in this universe, that there has to be. Creation serves to explain everything while evolution/science seeks to prove it but that also is not perfect or has all the answers. Many say it claims to but it doesn't. It's more about actuality and rationality. It is possible that the human mind may not even be able to fully understand what and who God is, we only use 10% of our brain mass. Finite minds cannot conceive the infinite...all religion serves a purpose to inspire and give people life purpose and meaning bc they were unable to find that on their own.

I have been getting voice mails, phone calls and text messages, yes text messages, from my uncle saying things like this like this :

Believe me when I say son, you're headed to Hell in a hand basket trying to play these games with GOD!! Because you're not playing any games with me. When you start to put a deaf ear to the truth you have to suffer the consequences

Hell in a hand basket, that's cutier than going to hell with gasoline draws on :-)

Interesting though because sadly this is all I can remember about Church growing up; fear-hell-fear-die-fear-burn-fear-suffer

I told him str8 out after 4 previous times to just leave me alone and that his remarks were getting quite offensive and disrespectful. Because, family member or not, YOU CAN GET THE BUSINESS! and he has not had the cleanest past himself, or even now from what I hear, so he, or anyone else, has a lot of nerve to look down at someone and be so judgmental. No one on this planet is the right hand of God, supposedly the only person that comes close is the Pope. Not once, after not seeing him or speaking to him for years, did he ask about current or past situations or how I was doing. He was acting just like Hitler. I advised him to join an extremist Christian group and I would believe him. Everyone reading this believed that the religious extremist who planned 9/11 really hated America and wanted to die for their beliefs. If I ever really did have a serious life crisis, I know who not to ever call him for help or support. Why does Christianity have to be used in such a nasty vicious way and pull families apart? Our Black families have enough 'reasons' to be separated, why must we constantly be searching for more? I guess the reason why I stopped believing in all this is because I never saw it doing what it claimed it was going to do. Reminds me of politicians. Am I so wrong for wanting to just live my life for me and be happy and true to myself? Can I live?

Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

Daethaqt3000 said...

Good thing I accidentally ran across this blog. Its so Sad that Religious individuals feel the need to attack people for their reasons of life (meaning the right to be who you really are)

I believe religion is a poorly constructed way to organize and control people.

Being Spiritual and religious are two different things to me.

Questions To Ask Your Self:
Why Does Me Being "Gay" Anger You So Much?

Why Would I Go To Hell Because I Love With My Heart And Not By A Book?

I applaud the fact that you are being true to your self. Live for now and not what may be.

Dante Cole said...

That's exactly how I felt, attacked, and that's why I got so angry. And I agree, believing in God and being a spiritual person is different from being religious.

I figure in this crazy world that we live in, there is no need for anyone to try to please anyone but themselves because you can't change the color of your skin. So that means someone out there, somewhere will hate you.

What is RACE? people ask what race you are...we are all one race. We, as humans have created all these religious and ethnic categories and subcategories to make ourselves different and separated.

Thank you for your response!

In My Mind. said...

E! i know how you feel!

Its so sad to see people judge someone else because of they way they choose to live their lives. Liking men is not a choice! it is not something that we choose to do! Why wouldn't someone choose to take on this scrutiny and shame that society throws our way?!
This is apart of us, yet it doesn't make who we are. Who we choose to love is simply a small part of our make up.

I use to be scared of what God would think, but my parents have been nothing but supportive...they have often told me.. "If God didn't approve of who you were...where would these constant blessings be coming from?"

God loves you for who you are...people misinterpret things in the man written bible, and use it to bash gays when in all reality there is no scripture that can be cited that will translate into "God hates gays", so let them search...

I have known you for a long time, and I know you are a great person, and that is all that matters. You deserve all the happiness that comes your way, so keep on keep'n on :)

Much Love,
Grant

Sandra Berggren said...

I just fell int to your blog by accident and got stuck reading it.
And must say; That sucks!
Your family is supposed to take care or at worst don hurt you.

Keep on being you, strong and amazing =)


Sandra

Anonymous said...

We all have our own walk and the consequences of sin is death but as a Christian our job is to love another. Love changes people not condemnation. I am sorry your uncle can't see that. He has the right to his opinion and he has the right to view on homosexuality and the WORD but he is also COMMANDED TO LOVE. Don't let people like him turn you away from GOD. You are his unique and special creation.. and wonderfully made and fashioned by his hands. Hold your head up high and...Keep Giving Love.